Clean and Equitable Energy Development Certificate Program
Published: November 2023
The Clean and Equitable Energy Development Certificate Program (CEED) is an online training program to support efforts to shift away from carbon-intense energy resources and towards a clean and equitable energy future.
Developed by the Yale Center for Business and the Environment (CBEY) and the Yale Center for Environmental Justice (YCEJ), CEED is a 100% virtual online certificate program that equips you with the knowledge, frameworks, and skills required to tackle challenges and advance opportunities towards the Just Energy Transition.
CEED online certificate program is an excellent opportunity to gain the proficiency and experience you need to excel in the rapidly growing industry of justice-centered renewable energy development.
CEED online certificate program is founded on systemic thinking and the ability to critically evaluate and promote effective policy, research, and project implementation. These critical thinking skills are then coupled with highly sought practical knowledge, real-world examples, and guest speakers who are currently deploying this work in their careers. Within this program, you will learn how to design or redesign clean energy projects so that they can immediately spur the transition to a clean, affordable, and equitable energy future.
Taught by a combination of Yale faculty and frontline practitioners, you will learn:
- the foundational theory and practice of environmental and climate justice,
- diverse approaches to energy justice, and
- the nuts and bolts of renewable energy project development.
CEED’s curriculum will most benefit:
- Working professionals involved in the energy sector who are looking for opportunities to change their energy systems and lead the Just Energy Transition.
- Current advocates and leaders involved in the energy sector (or affected by its negative impacts) and who are motivated by creating job opportunities while protecting local communities.
- Financing and Deploying Clean Energy (FDCE) alumni who want to go deeper on opportunities to collaborate, invest, and promote initiatives related to the clean energy sector and achieve the Just Energy Transition.
Join CEED to become part of a resilient and equitable energy future for all!
- You will gain the knowledge and skills necessary to recognize energy injustice, tackle energy inequality, and lead efforts toward the Just Energy Transition.
- You will learn how to make energy systems more equitable and mitigate negative impacts on those disproportionately affected by energy production and consumption.
- You will be part of a network that connects professionals, advocates, and local leaders working for clean, affordable, and fair energy systems.