Medical Software and Medical Artificial Intelligence
Looking to advance your career in the medical device or pharmaceutical industry? Are you an entrepreneur looking to create new digital medical tools and apps? Are you an executive who needs to gain an understanding of how medical software and medical artificial intelligence will impact your industry moving forward? Are you a computer/data scientist or software engineer looking to enter or advance in the medical software industry? Look no further than our foundation certificate in Medical Software and Medical Artificial Intelligence. We will introduce both the technical and regulatory aspects of this rapidly growing and evolving field to allow you to gain the skills necessary to achieve your career goals.
Our non-degree program builds on the foundation of the recently published textbook “Introduction to Medical Software: Foundations for Digital Health, Devices, and Diagnostics” and the popular companion Yale Coursera Course “Introduction to Medical Software,” The class has already enrolled over 16,000 students from around the world. The program will be taught by a team of experienced faculty from the Section of Biomedical Informatics and Data Science at the Yale School of Medicine with expertise in AI, data science, clinical decision support, and medical software. The program will be led by Professor Papademetris (click here for more information), who was the lead instructor of the Coursera class.
The program will consist of four 4-week modules as follows:
- Introduction to Medical Software – an overview of both the regulatory and software engineering aspects of medical software
- Introduction to Artificial Intelligence – a broad overview of modern machine learning, beginning with core concepts and running all the way to modern generative AI and large language models. Frequent medical examples will ensure that students already experienced in AI will be able to enrich their knowledge base with applied examples.
- Medical Software with AI – we will focus here on how medical software design, implementation, and testing are affected when incorporating AI modules and the associated regulatory processes in this area
- Current and Emerging Applications of AI in Medicine – we will cover how AI-powered medical software is used in various settings, including radiology applications, clinical decision support in emergency medicine, clinical decision support in the context of global health, and emerging applications in genomics and other areas.
Each week of the program will consist of a pre-recorded video and a live online session where students can ask questions of both the instructors and visiting guest experts from academia and industry.
If you're looking to advance your career in the medical device industry, our certificate in Medical Software and Medical Artificial Intelligence is the perfect opportunity. Enroll today and take the first step toward achieving your career goals.
Applications for the program will be open from January 2024, and the program is set to start on March 14, 2024.
- Gain essential knowledge and skills in the combined areas of medical software and medical artificial intelligence and how they are transforming the medical device and pharmaceutical industries.
- Understand what AI is and how it is changing medical practice and products.
- Understand how the current (and emerging) regulatory processes impact how medical software applications are designed, implemented, and tested.