This one-year certificate offered by the Yale School of the Environment (YSE) and Yale’s Environmental Leadership & Training Initiative (ELTI) explores diverse perspectives on managing tropical landscapes in a dynamic online experience. Courses cover important core concepts, highlight exciting global case studies, and illustrate practical tools for understanding and managing social, ecological, and economic aspects of effective conservation and restoration initiatives.
- Explore the importance of tropical forests and develop an understanding of global processes and drivers.
- Learn about the complex socio-economic and political factors that drive the actions and decisions of stakeholders in forest landscapes.
- Develop the skills to assess and plan on-the-ground conservation and restoration activities.
- Learn where funding for conservation and restoration comes from and how to match a project with financial support.
- Learn underlying principles of project planning, practice techniques, and apply concepts to the project of your choice.