Financing and Deploying Clean Energy
Financing and Deploying Clean Energy (FDCE) is an online certificate program at Yale that trains and connects rising leaders to catalyze an equitable transition to a clean economy. FDCE participants join a growing network of clean energy experts at the forefront of our energy transition and build key abilities in the areas of policy, finance, and clean technology.
The International Energy Agency estimates an annual investment of $4 trillion per year in clean energy is needed to reach net zero emissions by 2050 and give the world a chance of limiting the global temperature rise. The world needs leaders in all sectors who can connect the massive economic opportunity of clean energy to the moral imperatives of addressing climate change and protecting all communities and ecosystems. To make these connections, leaders must design and develop innovative approaches to finance, produce, distribute, and consume energy.
That is why CBEY has drawn on its vast network of professionals and on the expertise of Yale faculty to offer a unique program marrying academic rigor with practical tools to maximize your impact.
Explore the program - cbey.yale.com/certificate.
- Understand how policy supports or hinders the scaling up of clean energy
- A network of talented peers to provide insight and advice
- Understand how current energy models work and examine the technological and economic challenges to the clean energy transition
- Understand the development process, investment requirements, and economic risks and returns associated with clean energy, and practice skills in financial modeling
- Examine what innovative business models, policy, and technological solutions can be used to overcome these obstacles